Data Science Certificate Program starting 18th of October 2019
In the decade of "big data" where data is recorded in almost all areas of daily life, ever larger and more complex data is available. The skill of analyzing and extracting information from such data has become an indispensable core competence in research and industry.
As the demand for suitably trained data scientists having these skills is already noticeable and will probably continue to grow steadily, the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Statistics of the LMU newly develop a Professional Certificate Program in collaboration with the Unit for Professional Training at the LMU. The certificate program is intended to create a further training path for employees who already have a university degree and a job in a similar field.
- Program: Professional Certificate Program
- Duration: 10 days, between 18th of October 2019 and 24th January 2020 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Language of instruction: The planned course language is English unless all participants understand German well enough
- Workload: about 200 hours (including time for preparation, follow-up work and preparation for the exam)
- Application deadline: 25th of August 2019
- 6500 € regular fee (includes 5900 € course fee and 600 € examination fee)
- 5200 € reduced fee for applicants from social, scientific and cultural facilities please send a proof with your application (includes 4720 € course fee and 480 € examination fee)
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Bischl, Steering Committee, Department of Statistics, LMU
- Prof. Dr. Göran Kauermann, Steering Committee, Department of Statistics, LMU
- Prof. Dr. Dieter Kranzlmüller, Steering Committee, Department of Statistics, LMU
- Prof. Dr. Peer Kröger, Steering Committee, Institute of Informatics , LMU
Highlights of the Program
- Interdisciplinary program between statistics and computer science
- Good balance of methodological training and used case analysis
- Wide range of taught topics (more information in the curriculum)
- Introduction to theoretical and practical concepts in the field of data science
- For more information follow this link
For many practical tutorials in the Data Science Certificate Program, basic knowledge of the statistical programming language R is required. If you don't have any basic knowledge in R or want to refresh your knowledge in R, we highly recommend you to learn R in self-study before the certificate program starts.
Alternatively, you can book a separate R basics course from 14.10.2019 – 15.10.2019 at Essential Data Science Training, an official LMU Spin-off. For more information, visit the R basics course registration page.
- flyer (111 KByte)